Currently providing care for close to 2000 patients; Renewed Hope strives to meet the needs of uninsured and under-insured adults living in Allegan County through providing medical, emotional, and spiritual care in a holistic environment by utilizing the skills of volunteer staff and medical personnel.
Using for its example, the renewal of covenants in the Bible, Renewed Hope renewed it’s covenant with the Lord. That promise involved rededicating the Clinic, its staff and volunteers to model themselves after God’s calling – to give care and support to those who are sick and in need of healing.
Renewed Hope… Caring for our community… one life at a time.
As part of its mission, the clinic provides several different services. All services are by appointment only. Please call the clinic at 269-355-3053 to schedule an appointment.
- Medical Services
- Mental Health Services
- Patient Assistance Program: application to those participating pharmaceutical companies that provide their medications at reduced or no cost to non-insured patients
- Referral to specialists where indicated
- Assistance with Social Security Disability applications
- Assistance with other social service applications such as Medicaid and Medicare.
How the Clinic Works
Currently the clinic is run entirely by volunteers; from physicians and nurses to receptionists and clerks to cleaning personnel. All staff and volunteers commit their time and energy to assure the people in Allegan County who have no insurance coverage are still provided quality medical care. Renewed Hope is currently working on obtaining financial support to fund the office staff.
All client Services are provided free of Charge
Who is eligible for assistance
In order to receive services at Renewed Hope the patient must:
- Live in Allegan County
- Are uninsured or under-insured (high deductible, inadequate coverage)
- Be at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines (must provide proof of income)
- Be 18 years of age or older
How YOU can help
Renewed Hope is in need of people willing to:
- Volunteer as medical personnel
- Volunteer as support staff during clinic hours
- Serve on the Renewed Hope Board of Directors
- Provide fund raising assistance
- Serve on the Renewed Hope Speakers Bureau
Medical personnel is needed in all areas. Physicians, nurses, emergency medical personnel, C.M.A., MA, and others with a background in medical services.
Support staff includes answering phone and clerical services such as filing and other office duties as needed.
Board of Directors: The Renewed Hope Board of Directors make decisions as to the policies and procedures that govern the Renewed Hope Clinic. Board members are required to be a professing Christian.
Fund Raising: Renewed Hope competes with other organizations for the limited funds available through grants and foundations. Supplemental fund raising is crucial to assure services will remain available to those in need.
Speakers Bureau: Organizations, community groups, and churches need to hear about the critical services provided by the Clinic. If you have a gift for public speaking, your assistance would be most appreciated.
Prayer: Your prayers for guidance, good stewardship, and God’s blessings are requested.
Cash donations: Our current grants do not cover all the expenses involved in providing quality care for our patients. Your cash donation is welcome and very much appreciated. Donations can be sent to Renewed Hope Health Clinic, 894 Marshall Street, Allegan, MI 49010. Tax receipts are available upon request.
Volunteers: Volunteers are needed to provide a variety of tasks at the Clinic. Use of your gifts and talents assure that our patients receive quality care in a Christian atmosphere. Hours are flexible.
Recycling: The clinic holds regular recycling drives for the purpose of fund raising. Please call the clinic to find out what materials are currently being recycled.
Good use sale items: Twice yearly the clinic holds a benefit sale; New or used items in good and working condition are welcome donations for the sale. Please contact the clinic office for the date of the next scheduled sale before delivering your donation.
Renewed Hope is still looking for volunteers to assist us. If you have any medical or mental health expertise please call us at 269-355-3053, we would greatly appreciate any time that you could spare.
Current Donations Needed
- Steam Mop
- Copy Paper
- Unexpired Glucose Testing Strips
- All patients must apply for Medicaid and provide a Decision notice to continue to receive services at our free health clinic.
- We do not run diagnostics specifically for Social Security claims. Diagnostics are done at Allegan General Hospital when medically required.