Currently providing care for several hundred patients; Renewed Hope strives to meet the needs of uninsured and under-insured adults living in Allegan County through providing medical, emotional, and spiritual care in a holistic environment by utilizing the skills of volunteer staff and medical personnel.
Using for its example, the renewal of covenants in the Bible, Renewed Hope renewed it’s covenant with the Lord. That promise involved rededicating the Clinic, its staff and volunteers to model themselves after God’s calling – to give care and support to those who are sick and in need of healing.
All patients are treated equally and fairly, with compassion and caring, without discrimination regardless of age, sex, religious affiliation, disability or any other similar criteria. We can pray with or for you if you wish, or simply provide you with respectful medical care to the best of our ability from our volunteer staff given our limited resources.
Renewed Hope… Caring for our community… one life at a time.
As part of its mission, the clinic provides several different services. Most services are by appointment only. Please call the clinic at 269-355-3053 to schedule an appointment.
- Medical Services
- Mental Health Services
- Patient Assistance Program: application to those participating pharmaceutical companies that provide their medications at reduced or no cost to non-insured patients
- Referral to specialists where indicated
- On-site Michigan Department of Health & Human Services certified Navigator, who can assist with applying and following up for Medicaid, cash, food and other MDHHS benefits
- Assistance with applications such as housing and Medicare
- Assistance with Social Security Disability applications
Now Offering Cash Lab Testing to Everyone!
We now offer cash prices for lab testing. Anyone, including those who would not ordinarily qualify for our free health care, are welcome and encouraged to use our cash lab, where prices are often far below insurance co-pays charged by hospital labs in the area. As we are affiliated with an independent lab, we draw the samples at the clinic and send them off-site for testing. If you have insurance coverage and find that your co-pays are just too high, or don’t qualify for our services but have no insurance (i.e. health sharing ministries), have your doctor write up a lab requisition and arrange for an appointment to have your sample taken, and we will forward the results to your doctor’s office within a few days. Payment for lab tests is due in cash or by credit/debit card at the time of testing. Please see the lists below for the tests available and cash prices.
Note that patients of Renewed Hope are no longer charged a flat rate $10 testing rate.
We will charge you at cost. Depending on the tests ordered, your total may be under $10 or could be higher, but you will only pay for the tests ordered and the typical charges are very low. Payment is due at the time of testing by cash or card. You must be an established patient of the clinic and have tests ordered by our providers. For tests that we cannot run in-house or that require urgent processing, you may be referred elsewhere and the lowest possible cost will be researched for you.
- Individual Lab Test Cash Prices
- Saliva-Based Lab Test Cash Prices – please note that for prices not listed, we will need to check with the lab at the time of testing
- Heavy Metals Lab Test Cash Prices
How the Clinic Works
The majority of staff at Renewed Hope are volunteers; from physicians to nurses and some office personnel. All staff and volunteers commit their time and energy to assure the people in Allegan County who have no insurance coverage are still provided quality medical care. As of January 2016, Renewed Hope has been able to obtain financial support to help fund two of the staff positions.
For eligible patients, a $10 donation will be expected for each medical or mental health appointment, however you will not be turned away if you are unable to pay. Mandatory charges are required in advance for in-house diagnostic testing (see below).
Who is eligible for assistance
In order to receive services at Renewed Hope the patient must:
- Live in Allegan County
- Are uninsured or under-insured (high deductible, inadequate coverage)
- Be at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines (must provide proof of income)
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Must apply for Medicaid within 30 days of becoming a patient or provide proof that you have applied within the past 365 days (applications can be done by phone, on-site by appointment or you can complete the application yourself online/in-person at DHHS). An approval or denial letter is required every year to continue receiving services, you will be provided a reminder letter and must provide proof to continue being seen past 30 days of the date of that letter. In exceptional cases where you have Medicaid, Medicare or private insurance but face barriers to accessing health care at your assigned primary doctor’s office, you may, at our discretion, receive an exemption for this requirement from our Executive Director based on your circumstances.
How YOU can help
Renewed Hope is in need of people willing to:
- Volunteer as medical personnel
- Volunteer as support staff during clinic hours
- Serve on the Renewed Hope Board of Directors
- Provide fund raising assistance
- Serve on the Renewed Hope Speakers Bureau
Medical personnel is needed in all areas. Physicians, nurses, emergency medical personnel, C.M.A., MA, and others with a background in medical services. This is our most critical volunteer need.
Support staff includes answering phone and clerical services such as filing and other office duties as needed, organizing fundraisers, working with medical charts online or on paper, supply inventory, etc.
Board of Directors: The Renewed Hope Board of Directors make decisions as to the policies and procedures that govern the Renewed Hope Clinic. Board members are required to be a professing Christian.
Fund Raising: Renewed Hope competes with other organizations for the limited funds available through grants and foundations. Supplemental fund raising is crucial to assure services will remain available to those in need.
Speakers Bureau: Organizations, community groups, and churches need to hear about the critical services provided by the Clinic. If you have a gift for public speaking, your assistance would be most appreciated.
We have just launched our donation campaign, to raise funds for clinic operations. Please visit our Square donation page .
You can join us in making a difference in the community. On this page, you will be able to securely donate using your credit card or bank account transfer, and you will receive a charitable donation tax receipt, We appreciate your participation and assistance in this fund-raising campaign.
Prayer: Your prayers for guidance, good stewardship, and God’s blessings are requested.
Cash donations: Our current grants do not cover all the expenses involved in providing quality care for our patients. Your cash donation is welcome and very much appreciated. Donations can be sent to Renewed Hope Health Clinic, 894 Marshall Street, Allegan, MI 49010. Tax receipts are available upon request.
Volunteers: Volunteers are needed to provide a variety of tasks at the Clinic. Use of your gifts and talents assure that our patients receive quality care in a Christian atmosphere. Hours are flexible.
Good use sale items: Twice yearly the clinic holds a benefit sale; New or used items in good and working condition are welcome donations for the sale. Please contact the clinic office for the date of the next scheduled sale before delivering your donation.
Current Donations Needed
- Copy Paper
- Unexpired Glucose Testing Strips and testers
- We do not run diagnostics specifically for Social Security claims. Other simple forms or assessments that are not medically required will be completed at the discretion of our medical providers.
- We have limited arrangements with some specialists and with a podiatrist, who may be able to provide free or low-cost services upon referral. More medical specialist volunteers to see referred patients are always eagerly welcome.
- Diagnostics are done in-house where possible through the generous provision of blood draw services by a volunteer. A mandatory at-cost charge is levied per test, which offsets the actual cost of testing. For diagnostics that cannot be run in-house and for radiology, diagnostics are run through local hospitals in Allegan, Plainwell or Kalamazoo at the lowest cost we can find for you. Borgess PIP in Plainwell, Bronson in Kalamazoo and Ascension in Allegan have worked with our patients in the past to provide patient assistance through their own charitable foundations, to offset specialist/ER/diagnostic fees.
Our Patient Services Coordinator/MDHHS Navigator is available by appointment to assist with finding solutions to issues creating barriers of access to medical care. Examples include application to external programs/benefits, budgeting, prescription assistance or finding low-cost prescriptions, etc.